In a very short space of time COVID-19 changed the world as we once know it. Here in Ireland, restrictions put in place since early March has affected how we interact, socialise and work including the construction sector.
Having engaged with our clients, contracting partners and design teams and taking advice from the CIF and HSE, our teams at ADCO Contracting have been working hard to ensure a safe return to construction operations. The word “safe” is paramount – safe for our staff, our contractors, our clients and our partners.
With this in mind our has been working tirelessly to implement a number of changes to our sites to ensure a safe return and minimise any potential for the spread of COVID-19. We are fortunate to work with clients across a number of key frontline sectors meaning we are committed to getting back to work so they can get to work also!
Some of the sample safety measures we have implemented to facilitate the reopening of sites include:
- High level of COVID-19 awareness training for all staff, contractors, site teams
- Dedicated COVID-19 officer assigned to each current project
- Introduction of sanitising stations
- Introduction of onsite health, safety, social distancing and advisory signage
- Change of access/egress to sites to allow for maximum distancing
- Increased stock of PPE and first aid supplies
- Launch of a dedicated online portal with access to CIF C19 induction and self-declaration material in multiple languages
- Introduction of procedures to check and confirm our policies are being adhered to and implemented
As of the 18th May 2020, ADCO are ready to take up where we left off.
Thank you to our people who made this happen and for the support of all our clients, partners and friends who helped us make it happen.